Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Trip to Birmingham, England

Ryanair was having a fantastic special back in December on flights around Europe. I found a special of 1 kroner (not including tax) for a flight to London Stansted from Aarhus! So, I decided it was time for a visit to Birmingham to see my ol' friends Anne and Dave from the Copenhagen days! I left January 11th and took the night bus back to Stansted early the 15th. I had a great trip!
After a 4 hour bus ride from Stansted to Birmingham, Anne met me at the bus station and we took a Black cab back to her place not far from the center.

Just like when we lived in Copenhagen, Anne was great at whipping something together with the ingredients she had in the kitchen. She put together a cous cous salad with sateed zucchini, blue cheese, walnuts, salad, and a lot more! It was yummy!

Yum! I nice cool Strongbow and a Cadbury creme egg. Birmingham is the home of Cadbury, unfortunately, the tour center was closed while I was there. But, I enjoyed an egg even though it wasn't easter! They have these eggs in the stores all year round!

After dinner we changed into our comfy clothes and played a few rounds of Scrabble. Although I had some good words on the board, it was a tough competition with the a native Dutch speaker and the Brit!

Our first round of Scrabble was filled with lots of fun and naughty words! The second phase of Scrabble should be to use all the words in a story or Mad Libs...that would be funny!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...
I came across your blog somewhat randomly. Actually I am interested in applying for a masters program at Aalborg University and was wondering if you could tell me about the school or Aalborg in general.
I also saw your links for UW... did you study there? I'm from Seattle. Thank you so much!

-Jessica
jessicahitch_@Hotmail.com

January 22, 2007 4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home