Sunday, January 21, 2007

More Friday in Birmingham

I would like to be commissioned by Starbucks to create a book that is called "The views from Starbucks around the Globe". Then I could travel to all the Starbucks around the world and drink coffee for free and take pictures! :) This is the view from inside one of the many Birmingham Starbucks. I got a chai tea latte for 2.80 pounds...looks normal if it was $, but the exchange rate is about $2 to 1 pound, so it was an expensive drink, but much enjoyed!

The big bull in the Bullring shopping area in Birmingham.

Pretty fountain in Birmingham. I was being experimental with the manual feature on my camera...notice the movement of the water & background people, then the focused statue and buildings!
Dr. Who? Me and a British phone booth. I went in one of them and it smelled like piss. Thank goodness for mobile phones.


A Birmingham monument.

Along the canal in B'ham.

A truly British car in Britain!

Annelise and an "Old Speckled Hen" suggested by Dave as an appropriate local drink. It was served warm...and with an interesting flavor. Dave and I went on a "date", while Anne went to band practise where she is a back-up singer! We enjoyed gourmet burgers, the pub scene, and a hilarious movie in the theaters: A Night in the Museum. I definitely recommend everyone should see that movie! It was a hoot!


The beer tap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, there's already somebody doing that :)

http://www.starbuckseverywhere.net/

January 21, 2007 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home