Friday, January 19, 2007

A day in Tamworth

On Sunday, we took a little trip to the English countryside! Just outside of Birmingham about 30 km, is the town of Tamworth, which is where David grew up and where his parents live. So, I got the chance to see a real British home and enjoy a nice Sunday with some very wonderful people.

As a little gift for Anne and Dave for being my host while in Birmingham, I gave them the mixings for chocolate chip cookies with real chocolate chips. We brought the ingredients to his parents where we mixed them together and baked the cookies in his parent's new oven. Dave did a great job taking directions and mixing everything together!

Anne takes a picture of me, Dave, his dad Richard and his mom Penny and the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies that were a great hit! Yummy!

To work off some of the cookies we ate, we took a walk out to a local forest, which I forgot the name of, to see the Tamworth pigs. According to Penny, these aren't "the" Tamworth pigs, but we saw some very entertaining pigs anyway!

Some of the pigs enjoying some dinner time hay in the muddy fields.

A few pigs enjoying a "roll in the hay" in the muddy fields! This was a very entertaining couple and they went on for a couple rounds! It was a hoot to enjoy nature in action! :)

The outline of English trees in the twilight sky.

The very same canal that goes by Anne and Dave's place and the University right here in Tamworth!
Annelise and Anne enjoying a Pimm's and Lemonade at The Tame Otter in Tamworth.

Dinner at the Brophys! Dave's parents were awesome and very hospitable. It was nice to be around folks that were a lot like my own family. Penny prepaired some good English food for my last night in England. Then later that night, I took the bus from Birmingham at 00.30 back to Stansted airport to catch my 7.30 flight back to Aarhus. It was a long trip and I was exhuasted by the time I got home, but it was worth it. I had a fantastic time in England and really enjoyed seeing Dave and Anne again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home