Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A trip to Fanoe in early November

Back in the beginning of November, my Aunt Kisser (Kirsten) invited Jan and I to Fanoe for the weekend. Unfortunately, Jan couldn't make it, but I really, really wanted to go and see some family and spend a few days at our family's new summer house. So, I took the train and about 3 and a half hours later I was "home" again! It is actually quite nice not living all the way in northern Jutland anymore, because it is just so frickin' far to travel anywhere from there.

This is the silouette of the fore fathers of my family. My parents have this portrait in their entry way, as well as my aunt and uncle in their house. I have run into this portrait in so many homes, that when I see it, I know I am with family...no matter how distantly they are related!

A view from inside the summer house looking across the dining table over towards the living room and the view of the dunes outside the window. Rob lit the wood stove several nights while I was there and it really gave the house a very cozy feel. It is definitely not just a *summer* house, but a vacation home.

Looking from the living room towards the entry, the kitchen, and the utility room.

This is where I slept. I was excited to get my own bed this time. When my family and I stayed the first time at the summer house last summer, there wasn't enough room for me, so I had to sleep on a blow-up mattress in the middle of the living room. This bed was so comfortable, I slept like a dream! I can't wait to come back and spend a week some day!

A view of the grasses out near Paelebjerg on Fanoe.


The beach of Fanoe and the North Sea. We drove out to Paelebjerg after a really late lunch and walked out to the beach. We caught a beautiful sunset.. one with no wind at all. I don't think I have ever been on the beach on Fanoe where there has been no wind. It was a treat, and a great time to catch the reflections of the sky in the water below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home