Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A trip to Fanoe continued...

Kisser and I drove to Nordby on Saturday to check out some of the shops that were still open. It is a lot of fun to see the small shops and walk along the main street with all its quaint character.

A blue door of a restaurant in Nordby.


An old fashioned styled lamp on the wall of one of the shops in Nordby.


After our little trip to Nordby, we drove back to Soenderho and went to Bodil's house where we were invited for a traditional, local lunch with herring and other good stuff.


Bodil, Kisser and Rob at the table in Bodil's cozy, old Soenderhonian house.


And that is me with a salted, baked fish...it's called something like bakskuld...I have no idea how to spell it. It was a whole fish minus the head. It tasted great. This is also the last picture of me with my long hair. That night, Kisser attempted to cut it and it ended up a little shorter than planned. She ended up giving me some money before I left to get it professionally cut. Now, I won't need to get another haircut for at least a year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home