Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy New 2007!

For New Years Eve, Jan and I invited our good friends Henrik and John over for a gourmet, homemade meal. We had a very nice, relaxing evening as the rain pounded against the window and wind howled through the trees. We were not at all upset that we didn't waste several hundred kroner on fireworks during that kind of weather! We were entertained enough by those who did!

Henrik and John wait patiently for permission to start the first course: a delicious shrimp cocktail/salad. Our main course included a very delicious and tender pork tenderloin that had been marinated a few hours and then heated up on the stove. We had potatoes that had been baked to perfection with a layer of garlic butter, spices, and a dab of honey as a nice finishing glaze. Then, I made a light whiskey sauce that went well with the meat and potatoes. It was superb!

For dessert, I made an orange chocolate mousse that was to die for. The orange flavor really cuts the sweetness of the chocolate and makes it a very nice finish to such a great meal. I was proud of the presentation...chilled in my avacodo dishes I got from Bodil, a 1/4 of an orange and a dollop of whipped cream and a shaking of chocolate powder (what you use to make chocolate milk). :)

The table, ready for toasting of champagne, a bit of kransekage (as is the Danish tradition) and some homemade cookies and chocolates. I was also really crazy about my nice table runner I found half price after Xmas and my newly polished candlesticks.

Happy New Year! A picture of some fireworks (and rescue flairs) that were lit off behind our building. It was pouring down rain and the wind was blowing right into the camera...a great way to start the year!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home