Monday, January 08, 2007

Christmas Eve in Denmark

After being ill a couple days before Christmas, I managed to gain enough strength to partake in Christmas Eve dinner at Jan's mom's place. In Denmark, and many other countries in Europe, the biggest part of Christmas is Christmas Eve...not Xmas morning like for the Americans. Growing up with the American tradition of opening packages Christmas morning, I find that there lacks the same excitement and anticipation when the gifts are opened Xmas eve, but when in Rome...er, Denmark...

Before arriving at Jan's mom's (Anette) place, we took a quick tour through Hinnerup to see the festively decorated houses in this neighborhood. Apparently, it is well known for its Christmas decorations each year.
Christmas Eve dinner around the table. We had roast duck, roast pork, red cabbage, potatoes, candied potatoes and sauce! It was yummy...my stomach stayed strong to handle the delicious Xmas food.
The little Christmas tree at Anette and Joergens and few gifts for everyone. I was sure to save some gifts for Santa to put under our tree the next morning...so, there was twice the excitement...at least for me. Mom and Dad sent a box with goodies from home. I got the Eddie Bauer down jacket that was on my wish list and I LOVE it! I also got some clothes from my brother and his girlfriend, a Washington calendar, Tully's coffee, and some chocolate chips! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home