Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Solo Santa Claus Cookie Making

It had been a couple years since I had last made Santa cookies, and since I had my mold with me here in Denmark, I figured I should have the tradition spread to the other side of the globe. It took me three days and probably about 5 hours time spent making the cookies.
The cookies have been pressed in the mold and carefully pulled out and layed on the pan. Raisin eyes are slivered and placed carefully into the dough before baking.

The cookies cool on the rack before they are decorated any further. At this point, I put them in Tupperware and got to them the next day.

And the next day, I start by painting all the lips. Then, I painted all the cheeks and noses. Then, I paint and sugar all the caps.
Then, it is time for the frosting! First, I take my professional pastry tube and decorate the tip of the cap, the rim of the cap, the eyebrows and then the mustaches.
Then, it is time for the beards. I smear frosting on the beards and then pat it with shredded coconut!
And voila! A final Santa cookie!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Yummy! They look fantastic!

December 22, 2006 2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home