Friday, January 19, 2007

More Birmingham...

On our little Saturday outing, we stopped into a cheese shop in a very upscale shopping center called The Mailbox. Anne is a cheese fanatic, and should know a little about it considering she is from Edam and has worked in a cheese factory before as a tour guide!
Some of the fancy, up-scale places to dine along the canal in Birmingham.

Dave made a delicious Indian dish, that was amazing! We had nahn to go with it, too, and lots of rice! It was nearly as good as what I have got at Chutney's in Seattle!


After great Indian food, we got dressed up and ready to go out! Anne had a collegue who was celebrating her 30th birthday with a big party at her place. We took a taxi therer, who couldn't find the place and had to back-track, and then I left my wallet in the back seat and noticed that it was missing just as it drove off! Dave was quick and called the company to let them know, so a few minutes later, I had my wallet safely back in my hands! What an idiot I was! Agh!

One of the crazy Irish lassies at the party! She was thoroughly drunk and spilled several drinks before we got our taxi back home...but she was very nice to talk to.

I don't know why more bathrooms in the rest of the world don't have one of these contraptions. It is connected to the shower and the temperature is adjusted to where you want it and you just press the start button and on the shower goes! It saves so much time and water! I will defintely install one in my bath as soon as I can afford one!

This is where Anne and Dave live in Birmingham...the top floor to the left! It was very cute and cozy! I had a room to myself and a very comfortable bed! I also found out that I was guest number 13...this couple is definitely a popular one to visit, and I am not surprised why! They are very wonderful hosts. I felt more myself with them than I had felt in many months.

America has taken Britain by storm with such powerful stores as Wal-Mart. I actually was quite overwhelmed to be inside it with all those long aisles of food! I have gotten way too used to the tiny grocery stores here in Denmark, like Netto, Fakta, & Rema 1000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home