Saturday, June 02, 2007

Skagit Valley Tulip Festival

I love tulips! Now that I was back in Washington, I was itching to see some Northwest culture! I went up to Mt. Vernon with my aunt Maren and her friend Carol to check out the beautiful blooming tulips in the fields of the Skagit Valley.
Rows of pink tulips in full bloom.

More pink tulips.

Multi-colored, yellow and red tulips.

An old, dirty school bus next to the tulip fields.

A field of red tulips with a sign to keep out of the fields.

Capturing the long shadows of the tulips in the sun.

The Dutch inspired windmill of the Roosengarten tulip farm.

A garden of black, pink, red, yellow and purple tulips glowing in the sun.

Bunches of beautiful tulips for sale. The 2007 Skagit Valley Tulip Festival poster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home