Monday, April 04, 2005

Hmm...free beer!

I had the funniest night tonight. The first Monday of every month there is a jam session at the Irish House, so I went with some friends to listen to the great guitar players and singers (and I know one who plays). I was sitting at the table enjoying my Strongbow cidar when this old guy comes in and decideds to join my friend and I at our table....oh my god...

So, he is of course Danish, and then I realize he is drunk, and of course he wants to talk to us. It starts off as a fine conversation, and he is talking only with me, because I speak Danish and he isn't so good at english, but hello...I am there with my friends! I want to socialize with them! He is, although, very impressed with my Danish, especially for an American and then he needs to get himself a drink and then he gets me one, too, which is fine with me to get a free beer, but that means he isn't about to leave too soon....!!! In the mean time, the jam session is great and there are some great players, but this guy keeps talking, soI find out he is an artist, but teaches art to make a living.

There is no way he is going to leave....I end up with another free beer and my friends are ready to go as the jam session is now over and I wanted to say hi to my friend who was playing, but this crazy old Danish artist guy was talking and talking and I finally said i had to go and he began to say that I would make a great model and he would like to draw me nude!!!! AAaahh!! Oh my goodness! Was that a compliment or how do I take that?! He said he would give me a profit from the sale of the painting, but HELLO! Who is going to want a nude painting of me?! Oh my goodness...so, I said thanks anyway, he didn't need my number and we'd probably (I hope not) see each other around this small town again. What an experience that was! I guess it was worth putting up for to get 90 kroners worth of drinks! :)

Life in Denmark can be so interesting! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home