Saturday, March 26, 2005

It's Spring!!

Last Wednesday, the 16th, I had a long-ass exam, which was 24-hours long to be exact. It included a critical discourse analysis and a translation of a Danish paint company's annual report from Danish to English. I think it took me about 5 hours to do the translation, because there were so many business terms I had never even heard before. It was incredibly long and I was very relieved to turn in the exam the next morning at 9:00 a.m. Yeah! One exam down, 5 more to go.

That meant it was St. Patrick's Day and time for some fun. I decided I would try to make a "traditional" St. Patrick's Day dinner of corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and sauce. I asked Gosia if she would like to join me and then we asked Hector and he brought his friend Alexandro along, too! It turned out to be such a fun evening and the roast I got turned out to be a corned beef kind of thing! It was amazing! We drank several Irish coffees for dessert and we played dominoes, BS, and Ass Hole! We had a great time! Yes, we did! Then, we went to the Irish House around 1:00 a.m. and we joined the rest of the party people there. I found a Kilkenny beer t-shirt on a table and took it home and gave it to Martin...it fit him well. We met up with some other CCG students at the Irish House: Stu, Karen and Louise. I cheered with some of Gosia's Guinness and then around 3:00, I decided it was time to head for home. It was so nice and spring like at 3 in the morning and the birds were singing...they always seem to be singing when you want to go to sleep...but then you won't believe what I woke up to!!! It was totally white outside and snowing!! What I thought was finally spring turned out to be a snowy winterland! I couldn't believe it, but...it stopped and melted off by noon and since then the weather has been much warmer!

Martin was back in town and we celebrated his birthday on Saturday the 19th with his family and friend Carsten. It was a nice little celebration. Then, on Sunday, his real birthday, I made him some traditional birthday rolls and hot chocolate with whipped cream. I think he enjoyed that.

I was supposed to go to Fanø on Monday, but it was cancelled, because Bodil was sick, and I wouldn't want to be a burden on her, so we decided that I would come down and visit another time, and by then, the summerhouse will probably be beginning it's production, so I can take some pictures and see how it is coming along! That is exciting!

Thursday, the weather was AWESOME...warm and sunny! I planted my garden: a dahlia, astor seeds, and there is some rhubarb that I hope will grow and a rose plant that is budding. So, now I can look out my window and see how things are coming with the plant life. And of course, Chili and Tjald were close by to help me in the garden. They jump up and down greeting me and get dirt on my pants...it makes me look like I was working hard! :)

Thursday night, I biked out to Martin's (about 15 km round trip) and had dinner and we watched Notting Hill on t.v. ...such a sweet movie. Then I rode back home at about 11:00 p.m. and then in the morning I rode back out in the general direction to Lundbyskov where Martin and I did some work-outs up and down the small hills. It was pretty chilly that day, but it was a very nice workout...and then I rode back home really fast, hopped in the shower, took 10 minutes to get pretty and then was picked up by Martin and back to their place where we had a Easter lunch with his mom and brothers. It was very nice!

Today was another nice day and I was back in the garden...mainly to water and then I did some re-potting of plants and played with Chili and Tjald and sat in the sun. The weather was so refreshing with the warm sun and cool breeze. It is so nice to have some nice weather. I just hope it stays around for a while!

Next week, back to school. Spring break is over. Another exam on Wednesday.

Happy Easter! God Påske!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home