Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Spring might be on its way

The last few days have been so nice and sunny and actually a bit warm...above freezing anyway. The snow has been melting and tiny streams are trickling in the gutters and the flowers are trying to make their way up through the ground. I hope the weather isn't teasing us with this warmth, but knowing Denmark, I wouldn't be surprised if we get another cold spell.

So, I registered for my classes for the semester last week. I signed in to my personal student registration area online and all the classes I planned to take were shown on the screen...I had to get special approval for the classes, as they have to know exactly what you are up to. Then, all I had to do was check the boxes next to those classes. It's kind of a silly method, but maybe they'll figure things out as time goes on. Anyway, now that I am registered, I have my first exam next week...9 a.m. Wednesday to 9 a.m. Thursday. I will begin reading and studying up for it this weekend. There are a lot of terms I need to make more familiar with myself. So, I hope it goes well!

This year, 2005, is a very special one for Denmark, as it marks the 200th anniversary of the birth of Hans Christian Andersen (April 2, 1805 to August 5, 1875). Throughout the past year, special presentations have been made to persons around the globe as HC Andersen Ambassadors. On April 2nd, there will be a HUGE celebration at the Parken football stadium in Copenhagen to launch the 8 month celebration of H.C. Andersen's life. It is supposedly going to be broadcast all over the globe, so I would definately keep my eyes open for more information. You can also check out the official website (http://www.hca2005.com/) for even more information about his life, his writings (Ugly Duckling, The Little Mermaid, etc.), and the international ambassadors. Sydney, Australia is also going to be playing a big part in the celebration, likely because of the connection with Denmarks Crown Princess Mary who is a native Australian. Check it out! :)

Ok...done with that endorsement. I think I will do some reading before "Venner" (Friends) comes on...oh, and first Gilmore Girls. I love that show now! I never watched it in the states, but I really enjoy watching it here!

BTW, if anyone wants to call me for free, sign up for skype.com and we can talk through our computers free of charge! My skype name is annelise1015, so just add me to your list!

knus,
Annelise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home