Thursday, February 24, 2005

4-Day Weekend

It's Thursday night and the start of a 4-day weekend...I only have 3 days of classes. 2 on Tuesday, one on Wednesday, and 2 on Thursday. This may sound like an easy schedule, but let me tell you...the reading and assignments, although not required to turn in, are definately taking up a lot of my time. The program, which is a supplement to my main program, is called Language and International Business Communication. I am learning a lot, which is great. I am just worried about learning enough to pass the exams. The others in the program have been following it since the beginning and know what they are doing...I am an expert at coming in in the middle of something and being confused as hell as to what is going on. But, I am figuring things out and I'm very interested in the courses.

My dutch bike got a flat a couple weeks ago, so I was depending on my mountain bike, which I added the homemade mudflap to. It actually worked really well, but then I got a flat on that bike, too. It especially sucked, because the flat appeared while I was at the university. That means I had to walk home...with my bike...up hill...in the snow...for an hour! It makes me glad I have a bike in the first place, though, because it only takes me 20 minutes to ride to class. It takes 30 minutes with the bus, which I took this week because of no working bike and then after getting my dutch bike fixed yesterday, it snowed so much today that I wasn't about to fight the slush and traffic.

So, it is white outside again. Around 3:30 this afternoon, the snow stopped, and like clock work, the whole block (nearly the whole block) was out shoveling the snow from the sidewalk. I was seriously impressed! I could hear shovels scrapping all around me! But the worst part about all the snow is the salt they use on the roads. That is likely the reason my tires have popped now. It is so bad for everything...and it rusts the cars like crazy. It does keep the roads clear from ice, but I think the effects of it aren't worth it. My shoes turn white, too.

Anyway, maybe I should start working on my homework now...instead of waiting until Monday night.

Goodnight greetings from Denmark! knus, Annelise

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He Lise!!!

it is crazy the snow in Denmark! and i am so much looking forward to spring... when ... WHEN??

let's meet up next weekend. For tea, hot cocoa and cookies... your place?

Knus from Aarhus!

March 02, 2005 5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home