Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day!

Life in Denmark has been moving right along. I still do not have an internship at this time, but I am waiting to hear from at least 5 places where maybe one has a little interest in an American like me! In the mean time, I am taking courses from a masters program in International Business Communication. It is all very interesting, except for when I found out I was in classes that started last semester, so that set me back a bit. Hopefully what I have decided to take will work out. Some of the classes are actually in Danish, so I really get to find out how much Danish I actually know! It's a good thing!

So, in the past couple weeks I have celebrated my friend Gosia's birthday, been to Copenhagen and back again (had a great brunch at Skovriderkro in Charlottenlund & went to a Greenlandic art exhibit at Amalienborg), been ice skating in the outdoors while it is snowing, went to the Irish House and played Monopoly (Danish version) with Gosia & Hector, shoveled the walkway and sidewalk of snow, been sledding, building ice forts, snowball fights, saying farewell to Marieke as she heads down to Aarhus for the semester, and reading a whole lot of stuff. Today, I tried to be creative (and save money) by cutting a water bottle in half and taping it to the short fender I have on my rear tire on my bicycle. I desperately needed more protection from the wet roads, because I was getting mud all over my back! Tomorrow, I will find out how it works!

Now, I must return to the many articles I have to read in order to successfully write an assignment due on Wednesday. Of course, I stop every 5 minutes from my reading to see if it is still snowing...it comes and goes. It is such a cozy and magical feeling to see the snowflakes fall!

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Annelise! A big hug from far away for a dear friend! :) Thanks for posting so many pictures... it inspires me to save my $$ and come visit! That snow looks incredible! Like something out of a fairy tale. Miss you! ((HUGS)) -Kelli

February 14, 2005 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home