Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Back in Denmark

I have almost been back in Denmark now for three weeks. It was a very long trip home with the flight to Los Angeles from Seattle, where I had to wait in a long line to get my boarding pass at the British Airways counter in L.A., then the long lines in the security. The flight to London wasn't so bad, but the guy I was sitting next to was sniffling and blowing his nose the whole way, I knew I was going to get sick, too. When the flight neared London, the plane had to circle a couple times before landing, which took more than a half hour, which meant I was one of the last ones to make it to my connecting flight to Copenhagen, which was at least nice and short. But because of the caos at the other airports, my luggage did not arrive with me in Copenhagen, so I had to leave the airport without them. Fortunately, after many years of travel, I have learned to keep my toiletries, extra undies and pajamas in my carry on just in case this kind of thing happens.

It was nice to get back to Denmark. My friend Martin met me at the airport and then we stayed with his family for a couple days before he moved into an apartment in Emdrup, north of downtown Copenhagen. We had a nice weekend together in Cph, where we braved the hurricane weather and spent the day in downtown Copenhagen while the rest of the country was cozy in their homes watching the reports of the extreme wind storm attacking the country, especially in northern Jylland. The wind blowing so hard on my face was hard with the chest cold I had developed, likely acquired from the guy next to me to London, dammit. I was feeling miserable and my jetlag wasn't helping the situation.

The weekend ended too quick and I had to get back to Aalborg for exams. I won't talk about the first one, because that didn't go so well, but the second one was better. It's nice that exams are over, and I headed back to Copenhagen right away to see Martin again. That weekend went by too quickly as well, because I had to get back to Aalborg to figure out the specifics on what I am going to be doing this next semester in regards to an internship or other options, and then I have to turn in my immigration papers before my visa expires on the first.

Now, I am just about to right a letter to the Danish immigration office and beg them to give me a permanent visa, so that I can work and live in Denmark. The rule is that you have to live here seven years before that happens, but I am going to try anyway. I have only 2 years, but isn't that enough?

It's been snowing a bit today, but now it has stopped. I want it to snow so it covers all the grass and the ground is totally white! I love the way that looks! I am also planning on going to Norway next month to stay with family and hopefully get some skiing in! It will most likely be cross country, but I don't care! I look forward to playing in the snow!

Ok, now I'm going to write my letter to the immigration...and I better do it in Danish. I hope it turns out well!

Over n' out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home