Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Getting Stressed

There are so many things you have to remember to do when you are leaving for a while. Right now, I am in the process of figuring out a descent problem formulation for my project. This process takes SO long and I am really missing the group members that I had last semester. It is so great to have several minds to work with rather than just your own. Fortunately, we are assigned to a supervisor who we meet with just about every week up until we turn in our projects. I met last week for the first time with my supervisor and it went great, but then left me a little more confused on the direction of my topic, which will be on marketing and Starbucks. So, tomorrow I will meet with him again and hopefully he likes my idea of loyalty and experience marketing with a focus on Starbucks...I hope that has an international enough context...

I actually started packing today! I don't think I have ever started so early, but it is a good idea to do so, because you don't want to forget something you wanted to bring with you! Although, considering the way I pack, I should probably not make that a problem. I manage to pack everything...including the kitchen sink! ;) I also trying to get my room cleaned up and organized before I go so that I don't come back to a mess. I also want it to be easier to see any spiders that may have decided to move in while I am away. That is what I really worry about. There are SO MANY spiders in this house. The skinny long-legged ones I have become a little bit tolerant of, but the fat-legged harry ones are not accepted. Those get vacuumed...the others I can manage to pick up with toilet paper.

Last night I met some friends down at the Irish House for their monthly open jam session. It was so great to sing along to people just playing around on their guitars. Those guys were really good and had great voices, too! It was a great time and I enjoyed my pint of Strongbough (strongbow?) cider. It is so good! :)

Not too much is happening around here. It is just getting really dark, really early now and it is much cooler. Winter is right around the corner. Which reminds me...I should think about baking my pumpkin on the front porch or chuckin' it in the garbage...I am sure I can procrastinate and bake it before I go. I can just freeze the glop and then make a pumpkin pie or muffins when I get back! Yum!

I'm off to bed! I guess I will awake to the results of Americas next president...if all goes as it should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home