Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Last night, around 11.30, I was finishing up some stuff in the kitchen when I heard the rumble of something large driving into town. I looked out the window to see several huge trucks and trailers with their logo of ARENA: The largest circus in the North. It was actually quite exciting to see the arrival of the circus...especially in the middle of the night! Jan said that at 4 in the morning, the whole road was backed up to the main road with trucks for the circus. I couldn't miss out on the circus, so I biked up to the fields where they pitched their enormous tents and saw some of the attractions of the upcoming show. I would have to admit that the life of the circus is far more fascinating to me than the circus show itself. I think it would be exciting to travel with a circus for a little while...a day or two. This circus will have only one performance in this town, and then a few days from now will have a performance in another town close by. It is amazing all the setting up and taking down they have to do. Although they had a lot of trucks and trailers, I noticed that many of them were for living quarters and for the animals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home