Monday, December 19, 2005

Hello again

So, nothing much is new with me. It's nearly Christmas, but it doesn't feel like it. I am listening to Xmas music, but I just don't feel the Christmas spirit in me quite yet. Maybe it is because I am not home and sitting in the living room, smelling the smells of fresh baked cookies, the magical glow of the Christmas lights on the tree and the sound of the old fashioned carols that I've grown up with. I've done a little decorating in my room, but it's not the same. It might be because I've got this darn thesis constantly on my mind and I won't feel the weight of that gone for another several months.

I have been out walking a lot at night. It's so quiet and peaceful...and it's fun to look in the windows of houses and see what their interior looks like or what kind of kitchen they have. I would love to have a camera with me to take picture-notes of things that I would like to do with my own house someday. It's funny...if I stay in Denmark, I would want my house to have more American qualities (the good ones), and if I move back to the States, I would want to use a lot of the Danish qualities (the good ones, too). I just think that too many of the homes here have too similar of an interior. It's like everyone went to the same sale on lamps, or the same special on coffee tables, or the same clearance on a dining room table. It's actually quite annoying...although, there is a lot of stuff I like, but might not get just because everyone else has it. Gosh, what does that mean if I am getting annoyed with some of the quirks of the Danish people?
Alright, I'm going to bed. Maybe I'll catch the week or month old Late Night with David Letterman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home