Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Summer Comes to a Close

Oh, it's so sad that my summer vacation is nearly at an end. On September 1st, I must begin to change gears and think academically...I'd rather not, but I gotta! I have signed up to be a buddy for an exchange student at Aalborg University, and my buddy is an American, so hopefully I can introduce him to the Danish ways from another American's perspective.

I have a thesis writing seminar on the 2nd, which I definately know I have use for. I really am not sure how to get started on such a big project, but I think a good topic would be a good place to start! I have 4 months to write 50-100 pages....I get exhausted just thinking about it.

I just spent the week in Copenhagen, where on Tuesday I met up with my 4th grade teacher from Bollinger Canyon Elementary in San Ramon, California. Mrs. Sundeen and her husband were on a trip of St. Petersburg and Scandinavia and definately wanted to make me part of their tour! It was really great to see her again! She was my favorite teacher and we have kept in touch since I left California. I actually went to see her at Bollinger in 1997 when the Husky Band had stayed in San Ramon for a football game at UC Berkeley. They also stopped by Mukilteo to visit my parents last summer on their way to Canada. Pretty cool, eh?!

Then on Wednesday, I met up with Danish camp friends Morgan and Nick! They were finishing up a two month tour of Europe, so we enjoyed a day walking the streets of Copenhagen and enjoying a Onsdagssnegle (wednesday's cinnamon roll) from the Skt. Peders bakery...the one across from my old dorm! And then when we were walking by Rosenborg Castle, and I ran into the Sundeens again! That was fun! :) And later on we were at the Ny Carslberg Glyptotek and we ran into my Danish 101 teacher from the UW! Copenhagen is such a little place! ;) It was great talking to Trevor and catching up with some of the politics from the Danish Foundation in Seattle!

I was so terrible to forget to mention about my visit from another Danish camp friend, Maren (and her boyfriend Thomas)! It was so nice to see her again and her British bloke is a hoot! They drove up the day before I left for southern Europe, but we managed a little tour to the old viking graveyard and then after our delicious vegetarian thai food and rhubarb crisp for dessert, we went on a quick bike ride into the center. You can learn more about Maren via her blog (see the links)!

So, that's the update on my life here! Oh, and I'm looking for a job. I need money! Go Dawgs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home